May 6, 2011

Ulcers.

Ulcers.

That's right.

Ulcers.


I feel like I could blame them on many different things... Nursing school, My job and all that went along with it, My other health issues, Weber State University, Being rejected by nursing schools (Weber State) when I was guaranteed a spot, The weeds in the garden that are OVERTAKING our yard, My job, Finding out I'd been driving around for over a year on a voided drivers license (good story), Almost losing our insurance, The mushrooms that are quite literally PUSHING my tulips out of the ground, Having to pay an arm and a leg for our new insurance, A very cracked windshield, SIX cavities, The addition of 6 new chickens to our ever-growing farm family, My job, An engine light that won't turn off in my car, The fear of something scary lurking in my colon, The colonoscopy prep, The actual colonoscopy, Quitting my job, Starting a new one, Flat tires, A broken insulin pump, Being the extreme worrier that I was born being... and so on... and so forth....


But you know what?! Thanks to the good man upstairs... I know that everything is gonna be alright.


In fact, most of those afore mentioned catastrophes have already been "fixed" or nearly forgotten. And I'm sure to everyone out there, those things probably sound totally lame and not bad at all... But let me tell ya... when they all happen at the SAME TIME (or within a couple days/weeks)... it seems a little overwhelming. But... as we all know, when we put our faith in the Lord... He makes it all work out for the best. In fact... Thanks to Him, I was able to quit my last job, which was probably the thing causing my ulcers the most stress. And boy, oh boy... it was SCARY. Mainly because I am the bread winner in our family right now while Scott is in school, and I quit without having ANY other job prospects whatsoever. But, I felt that confirmation and knew that it had to be done. So, I quit my job and was scared out of my mind for about... 36 hours. At which point, I got a phone call from Avalon Hills (a residential eating disorder clinic here in Cache Valley) asking if I could come in the next day for an interview. WHOA. I hadn't even applied there. So.... in I went, and the day after that I had a new job. Crazy how quickly things can fall into place.


I was a little nervous at first about my new job because it is more on the psych side of nursing, which is something I don't have a lot of experience with... but oh my goodness. I LOVE IT. I know this is where I am supposed to be, and I am so grateful for the opportunity. And by that I mean I am so grateful that Heavenly Father got me this job...


Well... Speaking of my new job... Time to go pass out meds and do my nightly checks.


Keep the faith.



2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. And I love ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the ulcers. I hope you feel better soon.

    That is amazing about the job. I love those confirmations that come from God. He is definitely looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers